Trend Hunter is one of the world’s largest collection of cutting edge ideas for style, fashion, tech, design and more – here are their top 10 trends.
10. Rockstar self-expressionism – Rock ‘n’ roll styling is anything but dead.
9. Granny chic – Seniors have become the anti-fashion inspiration for young people, with geriatric-inspired fashion gaining ground in both personal and runway style.
8. Luxury lives on – Despite the economy, airlines up the ante with extravagant extras.
7. Democratic selling – Online retailers rely on customer votes to push production.
6. Hyperrealism – Real life is simulated in photorealistic artworks that defy deception.
5. Next besting – Consumers bypass traditional brands for the ‘next best alternative’.
4. Modern cubism – Square geometry in design coincides with consumers’ growing minimalist tendencies.
3. Brand reversion – Nostalgia opening the door for childhood brands.
2. Wearable tech – Gadget-infused accessories make for easy connectivity.
1. Charitable deviance – Social campaigns place heavier emphasis on attention-grabbing methods as competition amongst charities rise.