As a Senior Designer, you will lead the creative delivery of projects through the Singapore Studio, acting as lead designer. You’ll mentor the more junior members of the team, helping and challenging them to reach their full potential. You will own projects, have a direct line to clients and with direction from the Design Director manage both creative and financial delivery of projects.
In your role naturally, there are specific tasks you’ll take on as part of your day-to-day, and new areas of responsibility. But in everything you do, in every decision you make, you can always be guided by our values and our vision.
And to be a really great Senior Designer at Elmwood, you’ll employ these attributes in abundance to get the job done:
- top of your creative field and sought out for your expertise
- effectively brief, lead and motivate others
- great with and in front of clients
- able to challenge in the right way
The role in more details
- With limited input from the Design Director, you lead the team demonstrating exceptional creativity, intellect, strategic thinking and effectiveness to problem-solving.
- Your body of work to date will have included some amazing award-winning work, and you understand what it means to be successful.
- You have a thorough understanding of what the client services team are tasked with delivering, and an understanding of the strategic needs of the client.
- Being a confident and eloquent presenter you’re able to sell your ideas both to your peers and to the client. You’re confident, persuasive and passionate about your work.
- You’re a multi-tasker and can juggle multiple projects ensuring you’re hitting the brief every time.
- You have a clear understanding of the brief and what is required by the client, and look to deliver creative and ‘out of the box’ concepts and ideas.
- As a key member of the team, you will have a big presence at client meetings. You are comfortable and eloquent in talking about our work and Elmwood and are expected to be in the room.
- You are fully conversant on Elmwood’s tools such as FISH creative briefs, thrashes and pitch panel, utilising the tools fully to deliver work.
- Known for having a field of expertise, and sought out for your input.
- Develop strong and beneficial relationships with key stakeholders including clients, suppliers and within industry networks.
- Build a close network of experts that you can call on including illustrators, photographers and printers.
- You need to build effective teams, empowering them to perform not only for the client but also to achieve their own objectives.
- Maximising the creative output on projects by looking beyond the brief through the effective coaching of your team, and providing constructive, honest feedback to build confidence.
- You will act as a formal mentor to colleagues within the creative team, approaching the role with vigour and actively contributing to the well-being of these individuals.
- Have an enviable LinkedIn presence and network.
- You understand the brief and importantly the budget for the job and work with the DD to deliver on target.
- Keeping abreast of industry insights, and actively sharing learnings with others.
- Continual learning about our systems, processes and insights.
- Provide active support to the Marketing team to drive effectiveness / creative award entries.
- Participate in industry events, sharing learnings with colleagues and the wider studio.
- An inherent understanding of Elmwood’s values and our personality traits, and how we put them into practice every day.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio to Fiona Tan
We love to hear a good story, so please make sure we can see the journey in your work and preferably a couple of case studies showing various routes.
When applying via email if your portfolio is over 15mb please send as a WeTransfer file or provide us with a link to your website.
Not surprisingly, we get a huge number of applications, and while we do our best to reply to everyone, it can sometimes take time.
Click here for more information on our benefits package and how we support individuals, wherever they are in their career, with our wellbeing and learning opportunities.
We are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. In fact, we believe that recruiting and developing a diverse workforce is essential to our success. So, we welcome applications from people whatever their age, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, political belief, trans-gender status, sex or marital status.
We post all of our vacancies on LinkedIn, so make sure you follow us to get up-to-date news on our opportunities. Like most companies these days, we may check out your social media footprint like Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram as part of our recruitment process in order to learn a little more about you.