Experienced writer looking to experiment with language and creatively bring to life brands with unique, strategic and memorable verbal expressions.
We believe the best brands come to life at the intersection of verbal and visual expression. Only when the two work together can a brand truly step into an ownable and memorable territory. To help us deliver on this belief, Elmwood New York is looking for a senior writer with a dynamic and adaptable writing style; an eye for creativity and a deeply rooted commitment to strategic integrity. Someone who believes a brand is only complete when all the components work seamlessly across touchpoints and always ladder back to a focused and singular point of view. Someone who loves storytelling. And someone who lives and breathes by the power of the written word.
As a senior writer at Elmwood you will…
- Have over six to eight years of experience copywriting and crafting stories (with at least 4 of those spent in an agency role)
- Have a point of view on writing as a core capability in an agency (we’re looking for someone who wants to build with us, someone whose belief in the power of language is infectious, someone who looks at a brief with fresh eyes—finding unique ways to push the work we deliver)
- Adapt and customize dynamic writing skills to reflect multiple different brand stories and personalities
- Love translating strategic frameworks into actionable and meaningful verbal expressions—crafting verbal principles, tone of voice guardrails and supporting content examples
- Thrive as part of a team, working with designers and strategists alike to creatively ideate and verbally articulate concepts that are both meaningful and strategically aligned
- Craft stories, headlines and copy to integrate with design—specifically to demonstrate the magic made possible when visual and verbal elements work together
Elmwood is a globally integrated brand and design agency. We believe in the harnessing the power of design to create meaningful and memorable brands. As a writer at Elmwood New York, you would be an integral part of our multidisciplinary teams, working predominantly for consumer brands—both big and small.
With us, you’ll get to work on some of the world’s best-known brands and get the chance to create the world’s next big brands. Not to mention all the things you’d expect – and more – from working for a big independent agency like Elmwood. So, come on. Join us.
Please send your CV and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com
We post all of our vacancies on Instagram and LinkedIn, so make sure you follow us to get up-to-date news of our opportunities. Like most companies these days, we may check out your social media footprint like Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram as part of our recruitment process in order to learn a little more about you.
We are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. In fact, we believe that recruiting and developing a diverse workforce is essential to our success. So, we welcome applications from people whatever their age, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, political belief, trans-gender status, sex or marital status.