We’re looking for an industry-recognized Design Director with an enviable portfolio of cross-functional branding experience. We want someone who will shake things up and flip the consumer packaging world on its head. Someone who really gets the industry, but isn’t constrained by the same old, same old. Someone with the craft and brilliant thinking necessary to build meaningful, memorable and iconic brands.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- – Lead design team on high value projects, demonstrating exceptional creativity, intellect, strategic thinking and effectiveness to problem solving.
- – Review team’s delivery and resource management to achieve the creative and commercial outcomes by using effective problem solving and decision making.
- – Support the Creative Director in the delivery of creative work.
- – Hire, train, mentor and build effective teams, empowering them to perform not only for the client, but also to achieve their own objectives.
- – Lead team of designers, providing strategic leadership, day to day management, motivation and inspiration.
- – Maximize creative output on projects looking beyond the brief through directing and coaching, providing constructive, honest feedback to build confidence.
- – Identify development opportunities for direct reports and junior colleagues in the design team to support the growth and retention of talent.
- – Manage design calendar, milestone achievement, and ensure all design team members execute within designated time periods and budgets.
- – Develop strong and beneficial relationships with key stakeholders including clients, suppliers and within industry networks.
- – Play an active role in negotiating for services and business development pitching.
- – Keep abreast of industry insights, seeking new opportunities and revenue streams to develop company’s offering.
- – Play an active part in sustaining the company’s reputation as a world class design agency through effective management, marketing, networking and PR of the studio, both internally and externally.
- – You have a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Fine Arts or Graphic Design
- – You have 3 years experience as a Designer, Senior Designer or Graphic Designer
With us, you’ll get to work on some of world’s best-known brands and get the chance to create the world’s next big brands. Not to mention all the things you’d expect—and more—from working for a big independent agency like Elmwood. So, come on. Join us.
Please send your CV and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. In fact, we believe that recruiting and developing a diverse workforce is essential to our success. So, we welcome applications from people whatever their age, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, political belief, trans-gender status, sex or marital status.
We post all of our vacancies on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, so make sure you follow us to get up-to-date news of our opportunities. Like most companies these days, we may check out your social media footprint like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter as part of our recruitment process in order to learn a little more about you.