We're looking for a game-changing Design Director to join our New York studio.
At Elmwood, we believe that today’s extraordinary times require extraordinary design. Are you up for the challenge?
Our New York studio is looking for an industry-recognized design director with an enviable portfolio of beverage, beer and spirits branding. We want someone who will shake things up and flip the consumer packaging world on its head. Someone who really gets the industry, but isn’t constrained by the same old, same old. Someone with the craft and brilliant thinking necessary to build meaningful, memorable and iconic brands.
Elmwood is the world’s most effective brand design consultancy. We began as a small, local agency in 1977, and while we now have studios in Leeds, London, New York, Singapore, and Melbourne, we’re still proudly independent.
- You have proven experience working for major consumer-facing brands—leading projects start to finish.
- You’re a conceptual thinker who can translate the big idea into beautifully crafted design.
- You have experience building iconic design assets and understand the role they play in establishing a brand world beyond pack.
- You understand how to design within brand guidelines but push and challenge the brief when necessary.
- You’re an experienced collaborator leveraging a global network of copywriters, strategists, illustrators, typographers, visualizers, etc.
- You’re a compelling presenter who can confidently convey creative ideas and build strong relationships with clients and partners.
- You have 7+ years of consumer packaging experience with the portfolio to prove it.
How to apply?
With us, you’ll get to work on some of the world’s best-known brands and get the chance to create the world’s next big brands. Not to mention all the things you’d expect – and more – from working for a big independent agency like Elmwood. So, come on. Join us.
Please send your CV and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not surprisingly, we get a huge number of applications, and while we do our best to reply to everyone it can sometimes take time. So our policy is simple: if your application is so jaw-droppingly brilliant that it makes our socks go up and down in excitement, then we’ll be in touch.
We are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. In fact, we believe that recruiting and developing a diverse workforce is essential to our success. So, we welcome applications from people whatever their age, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, political belief, trans-gender status, sex or marital status.
We post all of our vacancies on Instagram and LinkedIn, so make sure you follow us to get up-to-date news of our opportunities. Like most companies these days, we may check out your social media footprint like Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram as part of our recruitment process in order to learn a little more about you.