Think like the James Hotel in Chicago http://www.jameshotels.com/ who were clocked by the trendspotters at PSFK for their strong approach to sustainability – such as providing soap without the middle bit, because no one uses the middle bit at hotels.
In the hotel’s own words: As a globally and socially conscious institution, The James is committed to protecting our environment and conserving its precious resources. In this spirit, our Chicago property now features the following:
- In-room cards that allow guests to choose how often their linens and towels are laundered.
- Recycling in all guest rooms.
- 100% recycled paper for all hotel communications.
- Triple-distilled tap water as a high-quality alternative to bottled water, both in guest rooms and at David Burke’s Primehouse.
- A ‘Green Team’ that meets frequently to brainstorm new ways to make The James Chicago even more environmentally friendly. (Their recent work on the hotel’s recycling program decreased waste pickups by more than 30%.)
- Active membership in the Green Hotels Association in Chicago.